The marketing space today is evolving a very high pace. What was just introduced yesterday becomes outdate in no time. With digital marketing becoming a promising stream, more and more technologies are being devised to make this platform grow and become more relevant.
With smart phones coming into the markets at affordable rates the number of mobile users across the world has grown up significantly. This has opened up a whole new marketing opportunity for marketers making mobile marketing the most relevant form of marketing for a modern business or brand. Initially when bulk smses started, while it was a great way for marketers to get their message across to the consumers, it posed a threat of spamming in the minds of the consumers. At that point perhaps marketers may have thought mobile marketing to be a lost battle. But soon, when through improvisation of mobile technologies the consumer was empowered to choose what he should receive and what he shouldn’t, mobile marketing again emerged as one of the greatest marketing opportunities of all times.
What is mobile marketing?
Mobile marketing is an important channel of digital marketing strategy where in promotional activities and messaging are designed for communication through cell phones, smart phones or a hand held device. It basically engages a consumer through mobile devices that include phones, PDA’s, media devices, portable gaming consoles, tablets and similar multi functional devices.
Developing a mobile marketing strategy
For any business to successfully implement a mobile marketing strategy, there are a series of strategic steps to be followed. Here is how a new organization should typically incorporate mobile marketing into their digital marketing strategy:
- Setting marketing objectives
Like any other marketing plan, a mobile marketing strategy does not find its ground unless laid on well defined marketing objectives. Establishing marketing objectives, helps a company to evaluate the success of the marketing campaign and improvise to attain better ROI.
- Mobile marketing specialists
Once a business organization understands and identifies the need for incorporating mobile marketing for their business, the first step is to identify the right resources or rather the specialists to do the job. Right from developing the mobile marketing interface to ensuring smooth functioning and timely review of the apps for bugs and fixes; is all a job that requires technical know-how and specialization. Companies are investing in resources with a formal degree in mobile marketing to get the best out of this marketing channel.
- Infrastructure setup
For incorporating mobile marketing in the business, one needs to focus on the infrastructure to support mobile marketing. There are a number of compliances and regulations that business entities need to follow before they get into mobile marketing. Mobile marketing specialists would ideally be aware of the technical and regulatory setup process involved. This setup is very crucial to ensure that the mobile marketing once developed is executed smoothly without any glitches and hindrances.
- Opt ins and opt outs
A primary business objective for implementing a mobile marketing strategy is to reach out to the consumers directly. Mobile is a powerful marketing medium to reach out to the consumers on the go. Opt ins and opt outs is important in mobile marketing to add value to your customer database by targeting new consumers while retaining the existing ones.
- Creative content
To make mobile marketing relevant and to engage the consumer, marketers need to come up with creative content that clearly sends out the desired messaging. The consumers do not spend as much time reading on a mobile screen as compared to a desktop and hence it is the challenge for the marketers how they can put their best creative foot forward and compel the consumer to spend time reading the content.
Why is mobile marketing relevant for your business?
Many businesses have still not acknowledged the significance of mobile marketing in handling their business. If you are a brand owner, here are few reasons compelling enough to incorporate mobile marketing into your digital marketing strategy.
- Mobile marketing is a great way to induce action through the power of messaging. Text messages through mobile marketing directly hit the consumer and have very little chances of getting missed.
- Apps and mobile based web technology, makes shoppers rely heavily on purchasing products online. Also having mobile friendly review platforms enable consumers read about your product and service at their convenient time.
- Apps are popular and if you device an app to support your product or service, it is the best way to address a number of marketing issues as well as achieve marketing objectives.
- Mobile marketing helps marketers achieve better returns on their investments compared to any other medium of marketing.
Challenges in mobile marketing faced by businesses
Since the mobile marketing is a relatively new concept for many business houses there are a number of challenges that can cross the ways and it is best for business houses to be prepared to deal with these issues.
- Deciding on whether you need to move to an app base or just stick to a mobile powered web interface. Marketers need to decide whether they can manage an app as it requires distinct set of technical knowhow for starting and maintaining the same.
- Understanding the consumers mobile content consumption behavior is also a challenge that businesses and marketers face. There is a lot of data available to draw out consumption patterns; however the challenge is to use this data constructively.
- It is often a question for business on how frequently should the consumer be contacted via mobile marketing. Marketers are weary of being termed as spammers by the consumers.
- Hiring the right expertise technical and creative is a challenge faced by organizations as since this stream of marketing is relatively new, getting the right resources is a challenge.
In spite of these challenges, businesses are understanding that mobile marketing is the way forward for marketing and sooner or later, provisions to incorporate the same in the business will be the key to success.To learn more about various mobile marketing techniques for your business ,give us a shout at 9902490004 or Email us email@example.com.